* Minimum 9th grade basic education; preferred High school diploma or equivalent.
* minimum 2 years experience is required; however forklift driving experienced is preferred.
* Working knowledge of basic math and inventory techniques
* Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process
Skills and abilities
* Ability to work in a safe manner
* Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
* Ability to pay attention to surroundings
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
* Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
* Ability to frequently get on and off a forklift, to withstand operations in rough surfaces, to work in a wide range of weather condition, and operate a forklift for extended periods of time.
* Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Leads by example and positive attitude
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Punctual and reliable
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results