Assistant Production Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the direct supervision and coordination of an operating department and plans, directs and coordinates support services. Training and development of its employees.
* Implements methods to achieve plans and goals of the department and to maintain quality and customer standards/expectations.
* Directs the activity of a group of employees and motivates for maximum productivity.
* Takes direction from the department supervisor on what goals are and works toward meeting those goals.
* Ensures all employees have received adequate machine specific safety training prior to operate equipment.
* Reviews pre-shift machine inspections and addresses machine concerns according to internal procedure.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment; consistently checks quality of inbound and outbound material; and implements CI principals to improve current processes.
* Identifies researches and resolves various problems and opportunities.
* Evaluates performance of individuals and various programs.
* Coaches and assists employees to help them perform their job functions more safely, productively, and efficiently. Disciplines employees when necessary, and conducts annual performance reviews.
* Conducts portions of Sunrise meetings and monthly safety talks, and provides training to employees.
* Directs activities consistent with all Company policies, procedures and applicable law.
* Communicates to employees and other management members as required.
* Leads employees in continuous improvements and safety initiatives.
* Prepares production reports and maintains records as required.
* Participates in Safety Committee and ensures that assigned department complies with established safety standards.
* May drive a forklift to assist moving material to and from the production area
* Performs other duties as required.