* Manages and schedule all outbound loads and coordinate with sales and production.
* Coordinate proper loading and shipping order with S/R personnel.
* Set up all loads to be shipped common carrier with outside freight companies.
* Determines mode of transportation and selects appropriate carrier.
* Negotiates rates and contracts for transportation services.
* Coordinates routing of orders, and dispatches carrier with orders and appropriate delivery
instructions consistent with customer receiving times.
* Ensures all internal/external paperwork meets all Universal as well as DOT regulations and
* Establishes delivery appointments and loading times for each carrier.
* Manages internal (UFP) equipment and drivers.
* Answers questions and resolves supplier and customer problems regarding transportation issues.
* Documents any shortage on orders, investigates reasons for occurrence and informs carrier of
shortage to get compensation or to resolve issue with customer with assistance of sales.
* Audits and approves freight bills for payment.
* Files claim for any loss or damage on inventory and notifies plant management.
* Takes and acts upon all calls for tracing and/or expediting orders.
* Prepares various reports and correspondence as required.
* Manages data on data system.
* Performs other duties as required.
* High school diploma
* Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in the field or related area; 5+ years preferred.
* Working knowledge of standard DOT concepts, regulations, practices and procedures.
* Working knowledge of excel, word and outlook.
* Basic knowledge on lumber math, lumber grades and species.
* Preferred understanding on company policies, practices and procedures.
Skills and abilities
* Demonstrates ability to handle responsibility and be accountable for actions/decisions
* Ability to recognize safe vs. unsafe working conditions
* Ability to clearly communicate directions and expectations
* Ability to plan, and organize the work of others, determine priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure and stress.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and act decisively when conditions change
* Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions
* Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer terminal, calculator, and telephone.
* Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
* Ability to communicate with management regarding people and equipment
* Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
* Ability to work under indirect supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Safety conscious and strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
* Team player and goal oriented
* Leads by example and has a positive attitude
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
* Punctual and reliable
Working environment is generally favorable. Requires standing and walking for 50% of the time,
talking, hearing and seeing are essential duties; sitting at a desk for long periods of time are also
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.